Sunday, September 4, 2011

...the big one

So - I've been tri-ing all summer. ;-)
More than tri-ing, achieving!
I faced fears.
Put my heart in to something.
Worked hard.
And, I impressed me.
Do I have some fancy trophy or prize - nope.
What I have is more precious than that - I have confidence.
You can't take that away!

But, the big tri of the summer was last weekend.
And, I did not register.
I know me.
I know my limitations (today's limitations...)
(Yes, I just left the door open for tomorrow).

The Rocketman was last weekend - I was NOT ready.
1.5k swim, 40k bike, 10k run
Not this girl.
Not this year.
Instead, I volunteered!
And I so glad I did....

The morning started early, 6am.
My job, ooh so important - hand out the timing chips:
500 competitors.
Wow...I was humbled.
I was proud for them!

After that job was over, I walked to the river to see the first leg....

I was so thankful I did not register.
It was too far, and there were far too few boats, buoys, and safety folks in the water.
I would have freaked out and not even started.
I would have beat me, before I let the water do it.

So, on to the next area...
My friend and I got to log everyone as they came in on their bike ride and transitioned to their run.
:-)
And, to do this - we got our very own time machine!!!!!
It's not every day I get to play with a time machine!!!!
hahaha....
I had to give it back.
:-(

Anyways, I called numbers and she entered them in.
I tried to cheer for almost everyone as they crossed our path.
I made a lot of people smile.
Some people...probably didn't appreciate my chipper attitude - but for the most part, my sense of humor was appreciated.

All in all, it was a GREAT day.
I am inspired....
to volunteer more and train harder!

maybe next year I can be a rocketwoman!
~N

No comments: