Tuesday, October 11, 2011

...slipped up

Here's a confession.
I slipped up.
I said a word during a conversation.
It was accidental.
It wasn't nice. 
I corrected myself immediately.
It hit me, 'Nancy, you should not use that word...'



Then today, on another blog - I watched this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iSlok6muY0&feature=player_embedded

What a timely message.
I am learning.
And, I wish everyone else would learn too.

October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month


...I am aware that I am the ignorant one...

2 comments:

amy jupin said...

we've all done it.
and i'm so glad you are making an effort to change.
i love you even more for it.
if that is possible.
:)

Shannon said...

Thank you both for your honesty and you willing.was to admit your fault and change. You would not believe how many people tell me to just get over it, its not that bad of a word.