Saturday, March 19, 2011

...ibuprofen and clean sheets

It's Saturday.
And, the weather is beyond gorgeous!

Today was the Rocket City 10 miler.
Good race...good friends...and, I'll try to put my 'Nancy positive spin' on it. Because, it really was good...until the last 4 or so minutes.
BIG FAT THANKS to the race coordinators for NOT putting folks or signs at the last .25 mile. And, when we took a wrong turn at the end...THANK YOU for saying 'you can stop, but it won't show as you finished unless you go back out and around the block'.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I just ran ~10 miles and you are going to A) not mark your course and B) going to be rude about it.
What did I say?: "You know what pisses me off? Lack of organization!"
I need to get control of this mouth....

...ok, I didn't manage to put that positive spin on it, sorry.
disheartening...
really, who wants to run 10 miles - cross the line - and get reprimanded?

So, afterward - this girl goes to Kroger.
Supplies needed.
Pantry empty of wine.
And, well - I wanted to make my Shrimp and Scallop Lasagna for dinner.
...mmm...

Between running and dinner time, much ibuprofen was needed. Relief.
And, I washed/dried sheets and comforters.
I left the windows open for the fresh air.
I napped on the couch.
I watched an insane amount of Grey's Anatomy (*hooked*).

Then, a friend came over and together we rolled out some dough.
FRESH PASTA!
Lasagna!
Eureka - I found my pasta niche. :-)
...I am sufficiently full...

Now, those clean sheets are calling!
There is NOTHING better than a clean fresh bed...and earning the rest through physical activity...and, being nice and full of some good cooking (if I do say so myself). GOOD NIGHT!

No comments: