Monday, May 23, 2011

...beach therapy

So, I'm not feeling very bloggy.
I went to the beach.
And the sun zapped all the juice out of me...
Actually, I was doing pretty darn good until work today - THEN the juice was zapped.

The girls and I have gone to the beach for the past 5 years.
Nice tradition.
We always end up with funny stories.
Silliness.
And this year, well - yeah, it happened again.

5 girls (we picked up a couple when we got there...)
2 cars.
4 days.
3 nights.
I packed 1 beach bag - decided if my stuff didn't fit, I didn't really need it anyway.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT - I came home with clean clothes...
AND, I packed 2 beach towels, a radio, an empty collapsible cooler, some magazines, 3 swimsuits, sunscreen, clothing to go out 3 nights, 4 pair of shoes, something to wear home, toiletries, etc - and I had enough clothes to stay 3 more days!!!! (did I mention, I have a really large beach bag? - well, it is...but still, I packed VERY neatly, and tightly, and I have to say - I did good!).

So, the beach.
...the sand
...the sun
...the laughs
I'm in love.
Dear Beach, will you marry me? You sing to me when I am there. You make me hot...and keep me cool when I dig in. You mesmerize me. You surround me. Sometimes, you crawl into my private places and make me all gritty. I don't really appreciate that. And, sometimes, your waves beat me up and knock me down. I don't like that either.   ...never mind Beach, I'll just visit you when I want. I'll use you. No offense. :-) Nancy

All joking aside, I had fun.
I needed fun.

Thanks girls - y'all are the best.
I want to share beach time with you for many many more years.

Some pics...

The gang - Happy Birthday Sweet Lisa, so glad we got to share it with you:
 Sunset at dinner Sat. night:
Beach time:

 So...we return home on Sunday. Check out the storm I was driving in to. Scary. No damage...thankfully. Our neighbors to the north, Missouri, not so lucky. Prayers for you!

Lastly, look what I came back to work to... :-)
They missed me...
They missed me enough to pull a prank...
Now that is love! :-)

Check beach time off the 'to do' list.

Last tidbit of the night, I went swimming today.
Like, not recreational 'playing in the pool' swimming....I went FOR REAL swimming.
I swam 600 yards, in 50 yard increments.
My back is tight...used muscles that I don't usually use.
Hope I can move tomorrow!

G'night...N

No comments: