Wednesday, August 17, 2011

...be the change

Interesting message at church this week.
Having the christian fortitude to be a leader.
Not conforming - transforming.

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thermometers vs. Thermostats
A thermometer reports the temperature, and everything else adapts to that temp.
A thermostat sets the temperature, it leads everything else to its temp.

A weak spirit is a thermometer. That person enters the room, feels the atmosphere - and adjusts to whatever is going on or being said. A conformer.

A strong spirit is a thermostat. That person enters a room, sets the atmosphere - and drives what is going on. A transformer.


A couple quotes:
  • Be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandi
  • Christians are supposed not merely to endure change, nor even to profit by it, but to cause it.  - Harry Emerson Fosdick
  • God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr
I want to have that presence.
That positive influence.
The driver of things that are positive and good...
That is a lot of pressure for me to put on myself.
But...
Don't Let Anything Premium Poster
I am strong and capable.
And I have high standards for myself.
Wish me luck.
I want to be a thermostat...

No comments: