Saturday, August 6, 2011

...solid

I think about this speech (vows) from Grey's Anatomy sometimes:

"I could promise to hold you and to cherish you. I could promise to be in sickness and in health. I could say, til death do us part. But I won't. Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope. And I do not stand here, on my wedding day, optimistic or full of hope. I am not optimistic, I am not hopeful, I am sure. I am steady."

That, my friends, is how it should be.
Sure.
Steady.
REAL.
But real isn't easy, and to expect anything less than hard - is just not realistic.



Am I a dreamer?
Ideal love.
Hmmm.

I went to see a dear friend today.
She has sure; she has steady...real.
The road there has been long. And hard. And...not ideal at times.
But they made it.
Together.
Gives me hope.

I like this song - always have.
When I first heard it, I feel in love...
And I thought - I wish someone felt like this about me:

~N

No comments: