Thursday, August 11, 2011

...where does the time go?

One year ago: survival mode.
Today: weeks flash by and I wonder where the time has gone.

One year ago - I cried, a lot.
Today - I cry, rarely.

One year ago - I didn't sleep.
Today - tuck me in, I'm good to go!

One year ago - I was scared.
Today - I am reassured.

One year ago - weak and uncertain of myself.
Today - strong and confident.


I believe this is because I am in a much stronger spiritual and mental state. I am also in a stronger physical state.

A year.
Time heals.
Time reveals.
Most enlightening time of my life.
What a difference.
I like me.

Now what?
Where does Nancy go?

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs...


Did you notice...bottom up approach - 'needs'?
At the top - 'self' - not 'need'...desire for fulfillment.
The pinnacle.
The crest.

Credit to wiki:

Characteristics of Self-Actualized PeopleIn addition to describing what is meant by self-actualization in his theory, Maslow also identified some of the key characteristics of self-actualized people:

  • Acceptance and Realism: Self-actualized people have realistic perceptions of themselves, others and the world around them.
  • Problem-centering: Self-actualized individuals are concerned with solving problems outside of themselves, including helping others and finding solutions to problems in the external world. These people are often motivated by a sense of personal responsibility and ethics.
  • Spontaneity: Self-actualized people are spontaneous in their internal thoughts and outward behavior. While they can conform to rules and social expectations, they also tend to be open and unconventional.
  • Autonomy and Solitude: Another characteristics of self-actualized people is the need for independence and privacy. While they enjoy the company of others, these individuals need time to focus on developing their own individual potential.
  • Continued Freshness of Appreciation: Self-actualized people tend to view the world with a continual sense of appreciation, wonder and awe. Even simple experiences continue to be a source of inspiration and pleasure.
  • Peak Experiences: Individuals who are self-actualized often have what Maslow termed peak experiences, or moments of intense joy, wonder, awe and ecstasy. After these experiences, people feel inspired, strengthened, renewed or transformed.
Wow...I want that.
Just knowing that I want that makes me believe it is achievable for me.

This is the stuff that keeps me thinking.
Striving.
Wanting.

I have a new experience on my horizon.
Dave Ramsey, I love you - but I need a break.
Up next:
  • DISCIPLE 1 - Becoming Disciples Through Bible Study
    • This 34-week course is an overview of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. This is the ideal core study to increase your competence, confidence, and love for God’s Word. In this course, you will read and discuss over 70% of the Bible. 
I am nervous.
What if there aren't many people in the class?
What if I don't have time to study?
What if I don't 'get it'?
What if I have to speak up...and, am unprepared or WRONG?
I am not that person who will sit quietly and be 'under the radar' and will never be called upon to share an idea or opinion.
That's not me!
34 weeks feels a little overwhelming...
BUT - I am excited.
I will grow.
I will learn.
I will gain from the knowledge of others.
I will not be judged.
I will...be a newer Nancy, more aware of self.



Now that is cute!
I smiled.
Hope you did too...

Speaking of 'where does the time go'...it's past my bedtime!
~N

No comments: