Thursday, April 14, 2011

...happy camper?

Tomorrow...I go camping...
We'll see how happy I am come Monday....

It's been a long time...
I have a new sleeping bag...
Latern...
Band-aids...cause yes, I plan like that...

But, TERRIBLE weather is in the forecast.
It's okay though.
Do not fear.
I also have a box of wine.
Classy, eh?
(don't judge...)

We met on Tues night to discuss....the plan.
Yes, I prepared the spreadsheet afterwards...
I know - crazy. A camping spreadsheet.
That's Nancy for you....

Speaking of bad weather.
This cracked me up...what transpired on FB tonight:
 packing for a camping trip...what does one wear to a tornado? inputs plz...
responses from friends: 
  • A basement.
  • Watch old news of people being interviewed after a tornado. U need fewer teeth, cigarettes, some sort of college tshirt from a school u did not go to and a mullet!
  • ME: anonymous friend: "BREAK-AWAY CLOTHES!!!!! Bwahahahahaha!" - I'll let you guess the gender....
  • maybe we should wear marilyn monroe skirts!!!
  • A moo-moo and rollers are a must if you are going with the theme.
  • ME: but i don't have any pink flamingos to put outside the tent! i see a dollar general run on the way to the campsite...
  • Just put some Christmas lights and decorations on and around your tent along with an old toilet and a bike with no wheels. That should do it justice!
  • ME: Friend, you know far too much...are you a storm chaser???
  • No, just very familiar with what seems to attract a tornado. Don't judge!
  • A helmet, definitely a helmet!!
  • and (from dance studio) practice "IT SOUNDED LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN!!!!!"
Have I ever mentioned?....I have great friends.... :-)

Good night all....hope to be blogging in a few nights...safe, dry, and warm from the comforts of...well, not the woods!!!

No comments: