Sunday, April 10, 2011

...you can't make up this sort of thing

Today got away from me.
I meant to cook, but time passed...and when I FINALLY got started - the chicken was completely frozen.
I tried to thaw it.
I tried to go ahead and pop it in the oven early.
...and, well, it was 7:30pm - the chicken was still frozen and I was STARVING.

I made the decision...
...go pick up dinner.
Ugh.

MeiWei is nearby and I have never tried it.
I ordered, sat down, waited patiently.
It felt like it took ages...
I watched and finally - it was boxed.
Then, it sat there - waiting for someone to take it from the kitchen counter and turn around and give it to me.
...have I ever mentioned, I get irritable when I am hungry?
I was patient though, didn't say a word.
Finally, they took it from the counter - slowlyyyyy place it in a brown bag.
Slowlyyyyyy put my fork, napkin, and fortune cookie in the bag.
Slowlyyyyyy folded the bag over and closed it with a MeiWei sticker (remember this part of the story...).

I politely thanked them.
And drove home like a maniac.
When I got out of the car, I noticed the bag was open and the sticker was missing.
Whatever.
I ran up stairs, grabbed the fortune cookie (am I the only one who eats this first?).

Check it out:
Me, humorous?
I try, but I don't think I'm really all that funny.
So I devour the cookie.

I happen to rub my hand down my backside.
And guess what I find...
It totally cracked me up.
How the heck did that happen?

Despite being mad at the frozen chicken, starving to death, patience being stretched by the folks at MeiWei, and smirking at my fortune - this sticker summed it all up. Life is funny! And, I'm gonna share it. :-)

FYI - here's what I got, and I highly recommend it!

Spicy Thai Fried Rice: Fried rice cooked with a blend of special Thai herbs, eggs, diced onions, scallions, peppers, jalapenos, pineapple, Thai basil, cilantro and cashew nuts.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Oh, and in case you were wondering....a frozen chicken takes 272 hours to bake. (and, I rounded down to the nearest hour).
;-)

No comments: