Tuesday, April 12, 2011

...the status line

I have been filling out a lot of paperwork lately.
That happens when you change your name.
 
And, well - a new struggle has hit me.
What the heck is my status?
This is usually an emotional question...like 'how are you doing?'
Or a Facebook question...like the 'what's on your mind?' box that is there every time you log in.
But, when you have to check the box on an official form, it strikes you differently...
 
My Photo
 
Single, Married, Widowed, Divorced.
Those are the choices.
 
And, while I am divorced - I am also single.
Why isn't it just Single, Married, Widowed?
And, what about those who are widowed - how does it make them feel to check that box?
It's a little cruel if you ask me.
Either you are single, or you are married.
 
Coming to terms.
It's a struggle.
I know I am not alone. Many have been there before me, many will come after.
My new doctor asked me about stress today. I asked him how much time he had and if he was also a psychiatrist. He smiled.
 
Truth is - life is a process.
Church this week....good message:
Being the 'you' that you are....and moving toward the 'you' that you were created to be.
The path from A to B is the transformation that needs to take place in you.
The closer you get to who you are created to be, the less transforming you need to do.
Nice.
I am working toward the new me.
 
I found this interesting..you may too. It's more applicable to a single event, and not your overall life. But it does make you think about how you approach and work through situations:
 
No gonna say where I am in the circle, but here's a hint - somewhere between chaos and order! :-)
 
Also, at church this week...I signed my name in the book as my maiden name. 
...figured that would be a good place to start new! It was a little moment for me....

No comments: