Monday, April 11, 2011

...on the hunt

I've been searching.
High and low.
Searching for something I am not sure I am ready to have.
Something that signifies a new me.
A new chapter.
A new everything...
...even a new address.

You got it, this gypsy girl is house hunting.

Am I stupid to be nervous and anxious about this?
I want a house.
Recent reasons to want to move AGAIN...
  • The apartment is unwilling to reason with me on my new rates if I decide to sign a lease.
  • ~Interest rates are low :-)
  • It's time.
  • Tonight, it was RAINING HARD, and well - I have to park in the lot, run through the rain, and under the overhang that does NOT have a gutter. I was SOAKED in less than 10 seconds. (call me a diva, I'll live!)
  • Late last night, I figured out the neighbor must have gotten a new puppy...(imagine this *not so* pleasant surprise...)
So, I found a house I am interested in today.
It's small.
It's cute.
It has 2 walk in closets in the master bedroom.
This should be a no-brainer.

But, I am scared.
Don't ask why - I don't really know.
The stupid reasons...
  • What if something breaks and I don't know what to do?
  • What if I don't like the neighbors/they don't like me?
  • What if I don't feel like cutting grass...I'm too cheap to pay someone. Ugh.
  • What if it is haunted?
The *more to the point* reasons...
  • What if I lose my job...
  • What if something is wrong with the house and I don't know it...
  • What if I meet someone and fall in love, and have yet another house to sell...
  • What if I don't meet anyone (ok, this has nothing to do with the house...this is a topic for another post, another night...)

So, I'll pray.
And think.
And run the numbers, because I am a nerd.

About the 'heart for sale'...I got this from a precious friend today.
WOW...I think this just might be one of my new favorite quotes:
"Don't be a woman that needs a man. Be a woman a man needs."

I wonder, are there any men who need a woman who needs her grass cut?
...a deal could be worked out...
...just sayin...

No comments: