Monday, April 25, 2011

...pity party

Funk.
Funky funk..
Funkity funk...


I'm not talking about the 'cool' funk...
I'm talking about the 'cloud over your head' funk...
That's me.

I am down.
With no good reason.
Down, just to be down.

This is not like me.
I am the up girl.
The one with the smile.
The one that - well, makes others smile...

So, what's the problem?
I can't pinpoint it.

I know I am so very blessed.
Positive things lately...
- Great friends
- Great family
- Great times

People love me, and I know it. (I hope that doesn't sound bad or vein. I don't mean it like that).
Life is good, and I know it.
And, I figured out tonight - oh yes, I can bake bread from scratch!
So...what's missing?

Ugh.

Let me refocus.
Let me find all the great amongst my want to complain.
Lord, let me be the one you created me to be.
There is more to me, I know...
Reveal more of Your plan. Please.
But it if is not time...let me be thankful for today.
Because today, will lead to tomorrow.
And tomorrow, will be GREAT - I can feel it. :-)

Remember January's 'To-Do' List?

See below...here's where I am...
Learn to make pasta- Check...blogged this one. And I will be making pasta again soon!
Craft something (and it not be crappy) -  Remember the felt flower pins, and I didn't blog about the sweet crafty painted bunnies. So fun! :-) 
Run another ½ marathon - THIS WEEKEND!!!!! Louisville, here I come!
Ski – water or snow - Getting there...it'll be water skiing now, snow skiing weather is over.
Finish reading the Bible - Need focus here...big time. :-(
Forgive myself - Working on this, getting closer....
Sleep more - Did I mention, I slept 10 hrs last night...
Run my toes in the sand - Beach countdown is at ~3 weeks!!!!
Go car camping - CHECK MARK, remember last weekend...?
Take my parents somewhere new - Mom and Dad came to Church with me for Easter. I am going to count this as somewhere new, but I want to leave this one open. I want to do more with them in the coming months.

Thanks for reading.
And thanks for caring.
I blog.
It helps me.
It keeps me accountable.
To myself.
Because...it's all about me!
;-)

So, a song for me...to help me remember, 'in the middle of my littleness, I forgot how big I'm blessed'...

No comments: