Monday, January 17, 2011

...mission: happiness

Ok folks, I am blogging about a blog.
Is that sad?

Today when I got home, a little peice of sunshine was sitting on my doorstep!
The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun

So, there is a blog - that is like a bookclub - that I am hoping to keep up with this year:
http://eillg.blogspot.com/2011/01/announcing-book-club-book.html

Wish me luck, I am about to crack it open and get happy! (Well, probably sleepy...but that could be because I worked a bunch of hours today...on a holiday...and I am tired...and I haven't been sleeping well...but I'm not complaining - cause I am about to get my happy on.)

I started this one a few nights ago:
What Happened to My Life?: Finding New Passion, Purpose, and Joy
Umm, chapter 1 struck such a chord that I stayed up all night. And, I have slept on the couch ever since. It's like I am avoiding my bed, because I know I'll read this book, and stay up all night again. I don't think I am learning anything by watching Jersey Shore (oh gosh - I just admitted that) or Intervention.

So tonight - I'll get happy.
Tomorrow night - I might try to figure out what happened to my life.

Whew...this starting over business is work!
love and hugs...

No comments: