Sunday, January 30, 2011

...sometimes, i fake it

Ya know, it's not easy.
Happiness.
It's tricky.
And, really - at the end of the day, it's just a mindset.
No one creates it or destroys it...it's all in your head.
In how you think or react.

This weekend was hard.
I tried to sugar coat it with the post from early this morning.
Well, yesterday with my mom - it was good.
But it also was bookended by some very hard things.

I struggle with what to share here in blogville.
So, I'll be vague.

...I helped someone dear Friday night with something VERY difficult.
I shared with her things I have never shared before, for her benefit. It was all things she needed to hear, just to know she was normal. It stirred emotions in me. It was hard. But, I am so thankful she thought of me, called me, relied on me, and in the end - I made her feel better. Go back to that post days ago - I helped someone with my language. Such a timely blessing for me.

...Then, an uncomfortable/unplanned visit with someone. Somewhere I did not feel welcomed, but needed to be. I hate situations like that. The truth is, time and circumstances change how people feel about each other. ugh...

As you see, sometime I fake it (happiness). But what good would dwelling on the bad stuff do for me? Absolutely nothing. I brush it off, because really - I am the one in control!

A thought for today...

“To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy... is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: