Sunday, January 30, 2011

...soaking it in

Yesterday was gorgeous. The weather was perfection. And I couldn't think of a better way to spend it than with my mom.
Mom has been sick for a while.
Blood pressure, chest pain, tingling in the feet, hands, and face...scary stuff.
We *think* it is relating to a thyroid problem.
Needless to say, on top of feeling crappy for weeks and weeks now - she is just down and out.
So, I wanted to visit and try to cheer her up.
I took my running clothes...and coaxed her in to taking a walk with me (even though she doesn't participate in the world of technology - it interests her and I knew that bean in my shoe would be too intriguing for her to pass up a walk.)
We walked down the street that I grew up on.
Past the house where I lived from birth to age 13.
Where I rode my bicycle.
Past the cemetery where my grandfather is buried.
Past the church were my sister was married.
We walked, and talked, and soaked in the warmth of the sun and each other's company.

We then went to lunch together.
A rare treat for both of us.
Our sandwiches were super messy - leaving us with greasy fingers and faces...and we laughed at each other.
It was nice.
Spending time together.

We then cleaned my car together.
Not super exciting.
But, the key *together*.
(No, I didn't squirt her with the hose - I learned that lesson YEARS ago!) :-)

So - today - I soaked it in: warmth, sun, love, happiness, laughter, togetherness...the joy of life.

(View of my parents house and barn...compliments of Google satellite!)


PS - I have an amendment to my 'to do' list. I forgot a goal I am working on right now. I want to be able to do a pull up! I have never had the strength before. I am almost there...I can do it at the gym on the machine that sets a counter weight assistance (I can do it with 20lbs helping me...) :-)

No comments: