Tuesday, January 18, 2011

...work is life

Work is tiresome.
I guess that's why they call it work.
Meetings, stacked one after the other.
New people joining the team (gotta train them).
Deadlines, dates, tracking milestones, reporting, updating...it all runs together sometimes.
...and then, I get to do it all over again the next week.

Strangely enough: I love my job.
Is it the work?
negative
It is the people!
I work with an incredibly brilliant, caring, helpful, compassionate, back you up, never let you down, get it done, happy, friendly, working together, never complaining (well, a little - but those are vent sessions), and all around hardworking bunch of folks.
The dynamic at work is priceless.
I am told daily that I am appreciated.
I am offered help daily to take some burden off me.
My coffee is hot and ready when I get there.
I get hugs at work.
I get texts from teammates asking if I am okay when I've had a bad day.
I am blessed.
(I am going to remember to read this post when I have a crappy work day...)

So for me, work = family.
It might sound strange to you.
..I might cry right now...

So, for me to start feeling burn out is scary!
I can count 1000x pros to my job.
Only a few cons.
But, somedays those cons are so huge they are hard to see past.

My mantra, tonight, as I am about to crack open a spreadsheet and update it at 10pm:
I love my job, I love my job, I love my job, and my job loves me!

sigh...
I hate you excel.
And, I need a hobby - pronto!

No comments: