Friday, February 18, 2011

...dinner for two (for one)

Tonight was Nancy Night...
Long week.
Worries.
Prayers.
Work issues.
And, I didn't really feel all that well this week. Felt crappy on Monday - and on Friday...

So, I made the call - I was going to treat myself tonight.
Nap.
Bubble Bath.
Candles.
Good dinner.....

The menu:
Salad with Pear Gorgonzola Vinaigrette dressing
Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach, and Swiss Cheese Beef Pinwheel
Roasted Asparagus
Rigatoni with Spicy Tomato and Red Pepper Sauce
Chianti

Don't be impressed...
The pinwheel - Target meat dept.
The sauce for the rigatoni, out of a jar.
Pear dressing - bottle...
And, I do not do dessert. No desire for it.
I still have a box of Godiva Choc. in my pantry from my last date *pre-new years eve...I haven't opened.

Dinner was good! I cooked enough for two. I always do...I can't cook for one. It's not in my skill set. So, I have leftovers. To bad, I have to eat this again....

...will be nice when I have someone to share Nancy Night with...but then, it wouldn't be Nancy Night. This is a tradition I would like to keep. Sometimes, you just have to treat yourself. And have peace and quiet. And, well - take a nap at 5pm, bathe - and put on some old comfy pjs and eat dinner under the Mickey Mouse blanket. What? Is that just me? Oops, my bad....

Other news, I found the Nancy anthymn of the day...
Love me some rockin' Christian music - and strong lyrics - and, a song that relates to me...
Listen...hope you like...if you don't - oh well, it's for me! :-)
And, HELLO - a band named Superchick...well, enough said...


We are now closer to March. Spring abounds! Bring it...

No comments: