Monday, February 14, 2011

...one foot in front of the other

Yesterday we ran 6 miles.
But this post isn't about that.

Saturday, I signed a contract to sell the house.
But this post isn't about that either.

This post is about moving on, moving forward, and sometimes - things just keeping moving and doing your best to hang on... You have to keep stride.



I feel like this pic.
Stepping from one platform to another.
Last year - to this year.
I hope I have the tools and have equip myself properly to succeed in my new chapter!
I don't want to slip through the cracks. I want to leap, hell - FLY (I used to dream that I could fly...).

People have a said a lot to me this year.
I get advice, feedback, support... the overall theme has been 'you are so strong'.
I don't feel it, and yet - I do.
How on earth do you know you'll handle the tough stuff until it hits you?
The answer is - you don't.
You just keep one foot in front of the other.
You breathe.
You eat, sleep, and get dressed every morning.
Can I say I handle things perfectly? Well, no. I do the best I can with what I have at the moment.

Is reflecting bad?
Can you move forward while you are looking back?

I heard an analogy once:
“Do you know why a car’s WINDSHIELD is so large and the rear view mirror is so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So, look ahead and move on.”

...I need to look forward and not have a wreck!...

1 comment:

amy jupin said...

"always remember that you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as beautiful than you'de ever imagined."

very excited to see you take that leap!