Saturday, February 5, 2011

...(wanna-be) runner girl

I dabble in running, but I am no runner!
It sucks.
It hurts.
But, when it's over....it's GREAT!

Today's plan....9am....greenway in Madison...goal = 6 miles...4 friends.
I slept in (for me)...I was tired...I was dragging in getting ready - lacking motivation.
AND
It was snowing. :-(
It was COLD and windy....
I almost 'pulled the plug'.
But, I sent a text to my friends and they PUMPED ME UP. No one wanted to give in...everyone wanted to run. And, well, I didn't want to be the wuss. So, I went. And, I ran. And....I am so very glad I did!
We ran.
We talked.
We laughed.
We blew our runny, cold noses.
And, we did it! We exceeded it...I think we ended at about 6.5 miles.
(and then, I ate pizza....)

Next 1/2 marathon...BRING IT! You're going down.... (I talk all arrogant, I just hope to survive it!)

Next Sunday - 2/13 we are all registered for the Winter Winds run in Huntsville. It's a 2 miler at 2pm and a 4 miler at 2:30pm. We all registered for BOTH! :-)

No comments: