Sunday, July 10, 2011

...my cracked pot

Today's sermon...'Living on the Edge'.
  • How to live in the world; yet not of the world.
  • How to be on that edge between living a Christian life and crossing the line into sin.
  • How to not put yourself in a Christian bubble, where others cannot approach.
  • How to encourage the unchurched and live/lead by example.
  • ...I want to live on the edge...
  • ...I want to witness to people...
  • ...I want others to find comfort in my company...
Truth is, we all want to be accepted. We do not want to be judged. We make mistakes. We are human. An analogy from church today:



This pot represents my life. It's not perfect. It's a little dirty, but no worse for the wear. It is cracked...those cracks were hard earned. And yet - they are patched. My pot is still whole. You may be able to see my cracks (I said cracks, not crack...if you ever see my crack - please tell me. I digress...) but they add character. They make me Nancy. You have cracks too, different than mine. And, that's okay!

So, my personal spin...live the good life, make the good decisions, encourage others to do the same. When something doesn't work out like you planned, patch it up and move on. You are not broken. Short of falling completely off the table - you can repair yourself.

I sleep better at night knowing this is true!
~N~

No comments: