Wednesday, July 6, 2011

...why i love this country

Monday was the 4th of July.
People do not go to work.
People eat bbq, watermelon, and ice cream.
People shoot fireworks.
Dare I say, people do not appreciate the day for what it is...

Happy Anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence....
File:Us declaration independence.jpg

Those famous words that stick out to me:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
I have spent a long time working on my personal independence. I worry about various decisions: the things I do; the things I do not do. The opportunities that I am too scared to follow. Questioning myself. And then, declaring that own independence is a big big deal. I can't imagine the work, stress, and worries that went it to preparing this document. An amazing feat!

(~and it was done without a word processor: no editing, no marked changes, no multiple revision files, and once it was signed...no RevB!) ;-)

I spent my day relaxing.



A quote for the day: "It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." ~Author unknown.
I am blessed and thankful to be able to take this life for granted, and that I do not know it any other way.
You are blessed too...

Hope you enjoyed your 4th!

No comments: