Sunday, July 3, 2011

...time to eat cornbread and cake

Today is my Dad's birthday...


Daddy works hard. He always has. Daddy loves hard too.
He loves God. He loves his family. He loves to act goofy. He sings obnoxiously. He might even dance if you ask him. He gives big hugs. He loves to laugh. He loves to eat. He also loves Alabama Football (~his one fault, we are all allowed one~).

Daddy used to rock the pork chop side burns....

but, I can't fault him for that. Lord knows I have had my bad hair-dos too.
Now his hair is silver, and his hands are hardened - but his heart is still young.

I love my Daddy.
God got it right giving me to him - and my Daddy got it right, being my Father.
:-)

For today, I made cornbread salad:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cornbread-salad-i/detail.aspx

Try it out...it's yummy!

No comments: